Thank you for purchasing the M-Ref. We want to make sure you love your new mobile reference speaker so if you have any questions or concerns please reach out to us at email@example.com
The M-Ref is designed to emulate an endlessly vast array of present and future mobile devices. This is achieved with our hardware being companioned with our proprietary software plugin which you will need to download and install.
- Go to m-ref.com/downloads
- Select Mac OSX or Windows and unzip the download once it completes
- Place plugin files in appropriate folders
- VST – System Hard Drive > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > VST
- Component – System Hard Drive > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Component
- VST3 – System Hard Drive > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > VST3
- AAX – System Hard Drive > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins
- VST – C:\Steinberg\VST
- VST3 – C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
- AAX – C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins
- Once plugins are installed run your DAW of choice and the plugin will now be available for you to use.
- Note For Pro tools Users: Avid approval is still in progress so AAX plugins wont currently load. Once this is remedied we will be sure to notify you through email! For now alternative DAW’s or VST wrappers/bridges are recommended.
Using the Plugin
- Place the M-Ref plugin on your master output track
- Select the device you want to emulate from the plugin’s dropdown menu
- Play your output through the M-Ref speaker and you’re good to go!
- When you want to monitor your mix without mobile emulation simply bypass the M-Ref plugin and send your audio out to your normal playback device(s)
-The M-Ref Team-